CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My little trooper . . .

I had to take Phoebe to the lab today to get a blood test done. The one she had done at 2weeks had some issues with it so they needed more blood to do some more tests. I took Dallas with me because I didn't have anyone to watch him. I was dreading going because I know how he can be when we have to wait long times. Well, he did pretty good. He only started to freak when they called us back to get the test done. I think he thought it was him having something done and not her. Well, they take us to a room and there is a bed table thing and they want me to lay her down. I try and get Dallas to sit in a chair and the nurses are getting the stuff ready for Phoebe. They then tell me that they have to draw the blood from her tiny arm because a heal prick won't yeild enough blood. I couldn't believe it because her arm is so tiny and I just felt so awful. So as they are trying to find a vein I am trying to keep Dallas out of all the stuff that he is getting into and still trying to pay attention to what they are doing to Phoebe. It doesn't take them long to find a vein and they prick her and start to draw this huge vile. She fusses a bit when they prick her and then she is okay. It about broke my heart to see her laying they are they were doing it but she is some trooper to take it as well as she did.

1 comments:

aealey said...

Oh Ashley!!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful moment with all of us!!! You all are so beautifully perfect! Seeing all of you makes my heart swell with all the love I have for you, my forever friend! I shall continually pray for the McClanahan Clan! Wishing you all the best the world can give you and bring you everything that makes y'all smile!!! LOVE YOU!~Ang