CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 25, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year . . .



It's amazing to me that Christmas has already come and gone this year. It seems like there is so much anticipation for the arrival of the special day that before you know it it's gone. It seems almost bittersweet.


We weren't able to be around any of our family this year so we decided to focus on making the most out of our own family traditions. On Christmas Eve Phoebe and Dallas got to open up one present and they each got a new pair of Christmas Jammies. We put them on, warmed up some cider and hopped into the van to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Both of the kids were really excited to see all the pretty lights. We got home and made sure to sprinkle the yard with the special reindeer food that would help guide the reindeers for our house. We made Santa a plate of cookies, that we had baked earlier, got out some Christmas Milk (aka Egg Nog) and set the plate out. Dallas asked as we were headed up the stairs how Santa was going to get in our house because we don't have a chimeny. We told him that Santa would sneak in the back door and still be able to make it in.


After the kids were in bed and Santa had dropped off the presents Daddy and I got to work at putting everything together. Would you believe that Santa doesn't put things together anymore and he even forgot the batteries? I had to make a special trip to the store at 9PM. You would think the big man in red would have this down by now. While we did all of Santa's work we watched my favorite movie of all time, It's A Wonderful Life. I love to watch it every Christmas Eve and I'm not going to lie I cry everytime I watch it. It makes me feel so happy and reminds me of my own childhood.


On Christmas morning the kids woke up and they were very excited to see if Santa had come to our house. We raced downstairs to see our tree packed with presents and the stockings over flowing with treats. We all took turns opening presents and the kids had an awesome time. We didn't rush, we made a big mess and we shared another amazing Christmas together.


The kids enjoyed playing with their new toys all morning. We are all still in our jammies and there is a turkey in the oven. It would be so wonderful to have a house full of loved ones but it's kind of nice to relax and not have to rush anywhere.
I am so thankful to have such an amazing family and I truly cherish all these memories we are creating. I wish I could freeze time for just a minute and remember every single detail of every single moment.

Best quote of the day: Dallas 3 years old, "Mama, This Christmas is GREAT"

Making cookies for the big man in red!




Such a handsome boy so ready for Christmas. He had been marking off the days until Christmas with Daddy everynight since Halloween. This is so funny because Phoebe was just so mad. We took a paci out of her mouth and she didn't want to give it up. To be fair she had been fighting a fever all day and at last check it was 101.2


Going out to look at the lights
Reindeer need lots of food to make it around the world in one night.
Spreading out the Reindeer food so the reindeer could get to our house.
The presents and tree all finished at about 11PM last night.
Opening up their stockings
Such JOY!
I'm not sure what this face is about but it is pretty funny!
We have already played this Memory game several times this morning. I have to say he is trying to cheat but hopefully with practice he will learn how to play and not get frustrated.
It's no secret that Phoebe loves turtles. I found this backpack for her and I had to get it. I got Dallas a backpack for his second Christmas made by this same brand. It was just meant to be.
Phoebe with her turtle backpack on tearing into another gift. Dallas was really, really into opening the gifts this year. He is a pro at unwrapping now!
To say that Phoebe is in love with this bed is a complete understatement. She keeps putting babies in it and saying, "Rock a baby, Rock a baby" It's so sweet.
Dallas and his new friend, Woody! Woody came all the way from Texas from Oma and Opa because everyone knows that all the real cowboys come from there.
Phoebe just loves Jessie!
Phoebe and Jessie and Dallas and Woody, new friends to have great adventures with!
Phoebe and her awesome new stroller from Grammy and Papa Dale. Dallas has also been pushing Buzz and Woody around in it today too!
Dallas and his new BFF Buzz!
Santa brought Dallas and Phoebe an awesome kitchen to play with.
Me and my stocking. I can just see the tired in my eyes here, phew! The kids and I have been sick for a few days and I can feel it taking a toll on us all.
Daddy and his stocking
Daddy's first gift was a Blu-Ray DVD player. I think we are all going to love that one.
Daddy really wanted this CD Box set. I sent him on a little hunt to find it hidden in the house. Phoebe says, "Cheese" I'm not in many photos today because I was too busy snapping pictures with my amazing new camera. Such a funny face Checking up on Oscar's heart. Phoebe was really into her new doctor kit. It has been one of the hit toys this morning. I think we have all had a turn being the patient.
Dallas was a flight medic in his flight suit . . .
Playing Doctor with Daddy....He made a great patient.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness! I love all of your pictures!! And I had to laugh - because Abby's Christmas Eve pictures look the same (crying). And she loooves her new baby, too. Our kids would be fast friends, Ashley!
Looks like you had an awesome Christmas morning. Merry Christmas!

SPG said...

Precious Photos <3
And isnt Dad a sport!