CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - A look back . . .

I thought I would try to take a look back over the last year, we had a lot of change this last year.

January~
We celebrated Dallas' 3rd birthday and I planned an awesome party at a jump place. On party day it snowed and his party was cancelled. We ended up going to Chick-fil-a. I was crushed, he didn't seem to mind one bit. Phoebe started walking this month and chasing after two kids going in seperate directions became my constant reality.

February ~
Phoebe turned one this month and I was just crushed. I never thought I would be so emotional to see my sweet girl turn one. Her first year flew by and I was sad to see her come to this milestone.

March ~
Big D and I celebrated our 8th year of marriage on the 17th. It's hard to believe we have made it this far. Our love story was such a fast affair that many people didn't think we would make it this far. I am happy we have <3

April ~
Big D was still working alot as a recruiter so I know we weren't doing much because he worked so much. I know the weather was getting nice and the kids and I were spending more and more time outside. I was starting to look forward to our big move to AZ. I think we found out we were going to AZ instead of WA. I remember being completely crushed than a tad excited about our upcoming new adventure.

May ~
I think in May it started to sink in with me that we were going to be moving soon. I remember wondering all the time how we would get through the move with two kids and not lose our sanity. I tried to organize our things but eventually just gave up because it was too overwhelming. Spent most of my days outside with kids. I was really enjoying being able to take both the kids to the park because Phoebe could walk around and she was so happy to be a big girl.

June ~
This was the last month that Big D was a recruiter. I was so excited to say goodbye to Air Force Recruiting. I felt it had sucked the life out of our family and I couldn't wait to finally walk away and start something new for us.

July ~
The big move. We packed out our house, loaded up the kids, said our goodbyes and headed to AZ. We arrived to AZ on July 10 and I think it was about 115. I remember opening my door and getting out of the car and feeling like I was in hell. We set out to find a place to live and after looking around forever we found a house we loved and moved in at the end of the month.

August ~
Back to reality. Big D went back to work after having almost a month off with the family. I was sad to see him go but excited to start learning the area and venture out to make new friends. I started running in August having no idea where it might take me.

September ~
Dallas started preschool for the first time and loved it! Still in shock of how hot the weather is in AZ. Thank goodness for the pool in the backyard!

October ~
I ran in my first 5k race. It was at that race that I was bit by the running bug and really started to feel like a runner. My parents came to visit us and we had so much fun. It was so nice to see my kids with my parents. It always breaks my heart a little when they leave.

November ~
I celebrated my 29th birthday and I also ran in my first 10k race. We had Thanksgiving on our own as a family of four. It was nice to create our own traditons but always a little sad that we weren't around family to celebrate it with.

December ~
Christmas came so fast this year. I was feeling really homesick during the holidays but I tried to focus on Dallas and Phoebe and it helped. The kids loved everything that had to do with Christmas and really got into the spirit.

0 comments: